Qualified applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Note: DACA students are eligible to apply)
- Be entering your junior or senior year of undergraduate study in the Fall of 2019
- Have a 2.8 minimum grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Be interested in pursuing a career in public health/health management and policy
- Demonstrate one or more of the following:
- You, or a member of your family, have been adversely affected by health inequalities related to: a) systemic failures of the social or physical environment; or, b) inequities in the US health care system.
- Live in a community or area that is adversely affected by health inequalities. Such communities would include both urban and rural areas whose residents have low health status or who are underserved by the health care system.
- Have experience working in programs that address health inequalities. Such programs include local health departments, community health centers, inner city/ rural hospitals or organizations that conduct research on or develop policy related to health disparities.
Application Process: Students will complete the application form, upload their transcript(s), and resume. Additionally, you will be prompted to enter two reference email addresses for your recommendation letters. An email will be sent directly to your references with further instructions on how to upload their letters of recommendation. You will be notified each time a letter has been uploaded. Applications will not be considered complete until BOTH letters of recommendation are received. Please make sure you emphasize this with your references. Once all the above materials are completed, press submit.
Deadline: January 25, 2019 (11:59 pm EST)
Note: Please use the following browsers when filling out your application: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
If you have any questions about UM SEP or the application process, please contact the UM SEP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having any technical problems with the application, please contact tech support at email@example.com.